Join us - share and network, discover and learn
Governing Data Management - personalization + privacy
This week's public webinar
Thursday, September 30th 4:00PM MT
Former recorded webinars are accessible
Send comments to Perry@PerryKinkaide.com
Last week's public webinar - "Justa Chat - A Canadian perspective", was initiated to discuss the following perspective HERE. The webinar is posted HERE
The session featured several insights and provoking discussions:
- The rapid pace of change driven by emerging technologies (robotics, fintech, surveillance, extending life) plus the onset and continuation of the Covid pandemic, is outstripping governments capacity to govern and undermining established sources of trust . See Michelle's comment.
- The implications of increasing inflation - rising gas and food prices
- Contrasting China's style of governing with that of western democracies, specifically re cryptocurrencies
- Small business frustration on whether they have the legal authority to mandate vaccination
- Lotsa chat interpreting the Canadian Federal election results, all party spending promises, and associated consequences.
Covid-19. The Truth?
Following the science - The Spartacus letter
Note. The original reference research document has been blocked
Editor. We continue to monitor the vast differences of opinion on Covid and sympathize with those who are also confused.
GOVERNING DATA MANAGEMENT
This week's Webinar - THURSDAY - September 30th 4:00PM MT
Registration is NOT necessary. Just link to
Governing the management of data is of increasing concern worldwide given how easy it has become to access personal data - legally and otherwise: financial and health, biological and lifestyle. Customizing service and products to meet individual needs, wants, and wishes is called "personalization". It is full of promise, but caution is warranted as the price may be a loss of privacy and an increase in state control. (Reread Ron Murch's 02SEP21 editorial HERE ). The webinar on Governing Data Management will explore the rationale, option and development of data management standards and their enforcement.
MODERATOR - Perry Kinkaide. KEI Network
Kewal Dhariwal - CBIP, CCP, CDP, ISP(ret), ITCP, Fellow CIPS. Educator, thought leader, international board member, faculty advisor: USA, Canada, Asia, MEA, South America. Executive Director, ICCP; Founder DAMA Edmonton Chapter. Co-Founder Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP) & Certified Data Professional (CDP) Board Member: (ACTA, MAB - University of Alberta).
Blair Kjenner - Founder, Method1 Enterprise Software Inc. Deep thinker, innovative thought leader, author, presenter. Wide range of customers: From Health, Manufacturing, Mining, Provincial & Municipal Systems, to Professional Associations.
Deborah Henderson - CDMP, CDP, CDGSP, Fellow DAMA. Editor DAMA DMBoK, educator, thought leader, consultant. Data Governance thought leader. Past President, Information Resources Management Association of Canada, Toronto; Past President DAMA Education Foundation.
Brett Duncan - Digital Transformation - Databases & Next Steps towards - Ricoh Business Solutions. Brett Duncan has been the public Sector Account Executive for Ricoh Canada for the past 4 years and has 20 years of sale experience of which the last 15 years has been focused on IT Public sector services and solutions for the health care industry, educational institutions, and municipalities provincial, state, and federal governments.
My neighbour is a banking executive who goes to the office every day. He's one of only three people who show up on his floor of empty offices. What are the questions he might hear from CEOs asking how to accommodate remote teams and the future of work? After all, CEOs are human, too. They have all the foibles, strengths, and weaknesses as their stakeholders...plus carry the weight of their organization.
Tom Bradshaw and Australian CEO Dez Blanchfield dive into this conversation on Thursday, September 30th for Virtual Communication Mastery.
You're invited to join their Zoom meeting and conversation. Register here: https://lnkd.in/dSgkt8FA
8AM PT / 9AM MT / 11 AM ET / 3 PM GMT
- Which supports are needed to accommodate stakeholders?
- How does the workforce remain productive?
- How does the management approach need to change?
- What about the style of communication?
- How do we care for the spiritual, mental, and emotional well-being of employees?
- How do I advise investors that people are actually going to work?
- Where's the cash flow to finance, say, 1000 laptops for 1,000 workers?
Members of the C-Suite also need to take a long look in the mirror said Dez. He recommends asking these questions:
- Am I listening to the right inputs?
- Am I converting noise to trigger the next best steps?
- Do I need to change my cadence and pace of speech?
There's also much to learn from companies that have gone through this transition over the years on these topics:
- Which desktop applications do we need?
- What about virtual private networking to keep our content secure when #WFH?
- What are the financial impacts of keeping the lights on in the office in case we need it?
Research progress sets timing and impact of nuclear fusion
Public angst and antipathy
Going small - Tesla Magnet
AI/ML - Data Management
Progress, promises and paranoia prevail
The internet's future
Volatility continues. Regulatory measures expected
China bans cryptocurrency
Evidence continues to accumulate though controversy persists
Global energy shortage
Plastics problem serious too
Uncertainty prevails on whether rising inflation will be temporary
August - sobering
Anti-trust measures target infoTech giants
Governments hold upper-hand
Slow but steady adoption of robotics
BIG boost for Canada
Values-based advocacy - wokey
Corporate attention warranted
Marketing of hate
We have partnered with several organizations in the interest of extending the coverage of our semiannual sentiment survey of economic resilience, the associated role of government, and the innovation ecosystem.
The fall survey will be launched October 1st
SURVEY SITE HERE
If you have an interest in partnering with us contact Perry@PerryKinkaide.com
Results of the spring 2021 survey can be viewed HERE